Monday, July 05, 2010,4:46 PM
What I want is someone who will stand and smoke Marlboro's with me (the strong ones, in the red package) in the rain after eating a lumberjack at the strand on 98th street
someone who will hold my hand while watching the boats at Southstreet Seaport.
someone who can out-drink me at Mcsorley's and eat more cheesecake at the Carnegie Deli
I want to be in the city I love with someone who will go down on me on the centre steps of the Met and, go home with me - watch Annie Hall andcry listening to Nina singing Porgy at the Vanguard I want someone who will stare with me at Auden's house and,
walk with me to the Dakota to look up to the window where Lennon lived.
someone who knows all the words to The New Colossus.someone who,wants to be with me in the city of the heros we share.what I want is someone who knows about the Irish and llis Island and,
why Sugar Hill is called that
what I want is
to be with you
in the city we love.
 
posted by Tiyasha Permalink ¤


0 Comments: